Sunday, March 11, 2012

What a Week Part 2

We also celebrated Lissy's *ahem* 30th birthday all weekend! On Friday night, we went to Zinburger, this burger & wine spot in Clifton NJ. Definitely the best burger I've had EVER. And I've had a lot of burgers in my life from McDonald's to Shake Shack and everything in between. It's probably why I have bad cholesterol...and I say "probably" because bad cholesterol could just be hereditary but I know eating more veggies and chicken is a bit healthier than fries and red meat. Since I'm a newbie at blogging I forgot to take a picture to support this paragraph so I had to steal one from one of my great friends, Kathy. We both had a glass of their Riesling which tasted great! Well I drank mine and managed to finish hers as well because she had a few sips and was done! I think she's allergic to alcohol? Anyway, I love their Riesling because It goes down smooth and has the right amount of sweetness to it. It also gives me a good enough buzz to sit back and relax and observe the chaos my Horsemen Family constantly serves up whenever we get together.


If anyone knows anything about me, they would know that I love 2 things: cheeseburgers and hip hop...haha. And no, not the "hip hop" that Flo-Rida and Rick Ross put out, but the real hip hop, ones that tell stories through gritty sometimes vulgar details and metaphors. And coincidentally, on Lisa's birthday March 9, was the same day my favorite rapper Biggie died. Its such a strange connection that I draw between Lisa and Biggie. In fact, every year I usually joke around about how I only remember her birthday because of Biggie's death. I remember back in '97, [before Lisa and I were a couple, we were great friends in high school] she gave me a ride home from a friends party in her '84 hatchback Maxima that strangely enough had power windows and doors and a clown horn. On that misty dank night at like 3am we were listening to the radio and it was then that I learned of his death and I was really shocked. Now almost everyday I listen to Biggie. Even in the house, I like to blast it on our surround sound. Lately however since Lissy is pregnant, I've been cutting back on it and playing more classical symphonies. And while I would love to expose my kids to the art of hip hop, for now, I need them to stay calm in their mommy's tummy and Biggie might just get them all riled up in there.

Last summer, a good friend of mine, JoeB, came across a Biggie Doll he had in his closet and since he knew I was a fan of his tunes, gave it to me. I thought it was the coolest thing ever and decided to make it part of my toy collection that I have on display on top of my living room TV. Check it out below! The bottom pic on the right is of MegaMind, Prickle from Gumby and Spiderman. If you notice the broken arm that Prickle is holding, I actually found that piece on my porch and decided to give it a home.


So anyway after eating, our friends came over the house for a few hours and we had some yummy baskin robbins birthday cake courtesy of the Patels. And of course to pay my respects, I played some Biggie joints on my iPad. Pam was shocked at the vulgarity of "Gimme the Loot" to which I apologized...I think Lisa has learned to tune it out by now...I've been blasting that song for the past 5 years in the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment