Saturday, June 2, 2012

The Nursery!

Here are some before and after pics of the babies' room...







When we first bought the house back in 2006, this room which was labeled the "guest room" was the only one we never painted. We figured if we have guests, we don't want them to feel TOO comfy here and would in turn have to leave at some point hahaha. But anyway, what do you think of the color choice eh? I didnt want to go with the typical "blue room for the boys" so we chose a light brown for the walls and a yellow for the accents. Also, my office is blue so I didn't want 2 blue rooms in the house because well...thats just crazy-talk. At first, I thought the light brown looked too much like our living room and dining room downstairs but the next day after the paint dried and settled, I was very happy with how it came out. The yellow was an on-the-spot choice we made at Lowes. I figured I'll paint one window frame, see how it looked, and if I didn't like it, I'll just paint it white again. But I thought it looked pretty neat and decided to apply it to the trim, closet frame and door frame.

Since Lissy has been pregnant, I tried to cut down on all the hip hop I listen to and instead we've been listening to a lot of The Beatles. While I was painting and listening to Biggie/Fab/Wu/Drake I found myself getting really amped up. So I switched the playlist to Beatles and it was so much more relaxing and calming...just what I needed to finish it up in 6 hours and 2 coats...

My favorite Beatles tracks:
The Ballad of John and Yoko
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Yellow Submarine
Strawberry Fields Forever

[BTW if any of you want the entire Beatles Collection, let me know, I'll hook it up FEEL ME!]

A special thank you to the Duncan Family for hooking it up with the changing table dresser. They've helped us out so much throughout the pregnancy. Carly was the first person I told about the twins and she has been so supportive to Lissy, offering her some great advice and tips. I couldn't be more thankful to have met such an awesome person at MTV many years ago.

So what do you crazy kids think of the room? Only about 6 more weeks to go yeahhh [fist pump]!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment